- Access electronic resources at the comfort of your home:
You can now access the Electronic Resources outside the Campus premises
Visit the University website: Home page http://www.egerton.ac.ke/-Egerton Portal-Electronic resources Login.
Username: Your Registration Number
Password: Your Registration Number
In case of difficulty please contact us: email@example.com
- .Egerton University Students Nominated As Emerald Knowledge Ambassadors
[Egerton University, Nairobi City Campus Library participated in the Emerald Knowledge Ambassadors Event held at Jomo Kenyatta University Of Science and Technology (JKUAT) on 20th September 2017.The event brought together volunteer students and staff as nominees of Emerald knowledge ambassadors in advocating for the use of the emerald electronic information resources in academic institutions.
- The in charge e-resources at the campus library, guided the students on how to prepare PowerPoint presentations, dramatized poems and a skit. The presentation was about the use of social media in accessing library services while the skit and dramatized poetry was on academic integrity. The students posed with branded t-shirts and caps. Their creativity was also displayed on a roller banner and paper flags.
- Campus Library wins INASP/UNESCO grant and participates in the International Open
- Access Week; 23rd to 27th October 2017.[The Campus Library won the INASP/UNSECO grant and participated in the International Open Access Week. The Library organised an interactive Training of Trainers(ToTs) session for all Class representatives in all the academic courses offered at the campus. The session was very interesting and students from 1st to 4th year of study were very enthusiastic to having been introduced to the Open Access resources like the institutional Repository and electronic resources subscribed by the University.During the interactive session, we had PowerPoint presentations, group discussions which were very interesting and interactive, and ‘ice- breaking’ activities to refresh the participants.
Each of the class representatives was asked to share what they had learned during the training session with their classmates. They were also asked to organise similar training with the rest of the students under the supervision of library staff. We had prepared a ‘feedback corner’ for students to say; ‘What I Learnt’, ‘What I Like’ ‘What I don’t like’ ‘What I Want’. Certificates of participation were presented to the Class representatives.
- For the event, we designed the following Open Access promotional materials: Open access roller banner, Branded t-shirts, feedback sticky notes. The students’ class representatives were happy to receive a branded t-shirt
- W also organised a Campus wide classroom tour. During the tour, the Campus Librarian alongside other library staff and e-resources student ambassadors visited all classrooms as lectures were going on and requested the lecturer to allow us only 5minutes to talk to the students about Open Access Week and electronic resources. At the end of the small talk, we asked students if they were aware of the resources provided. Whoever responded positively was given a branded t-shirt.
- We prepared a guide/manual on how to access electronic resources and distributed to the students during the training and the classroom tour.
Library Staff Profile margaret-nyambura-chege grace-karanja maureen-awuor-otieno mercy-kanyotu jairus-shikhule-obbayi